Customer Service Representatives must interact with riders and staff for Access Paratransit Services. The job duties include answering telephone calls, taking reservations, providing information to riders, writing incident reports as necessary, and providing excellent customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule trip reservations, cancel reservations, provide estimated time of arrivals to callers.
- Provide information to callers and accurately document applicable information.
- Handle high volume of calls within a timely manner.
- Interact with a diverse client base.
- Work well in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Be knowledgeable of the service area and rider information.
- Ability to read a map book.
- Use of third party translation service to assist customers.
- Follow all policies and procedures, and follow directions from supervisors, managers, and
- Prolonged periods of sitting, answering telephone calls, and accurately entering data.
- Prolonged use of computer keyboard and mouse.
- Ability to problem solve quickly.
- Must be able to work both independently and in a group environment.
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment to customer service.
Essential Functions and Requirements:
- Communicate effectively with riders and co-workers and must possess excellent
• Speak clearly, using proper pronunciation and grammar, and read and write effectively in
• Detail-oriented and ability to enter data accurately.
• Good typing skills and ability to use computer and mouse for prolonged periods of time.
• Ability to sit and answer telephones for a prolonged period of time.
• Must have a flexible schedule.
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. as necessary.
• Participation in SGT’s Random Drug and Alcohol Testing Program.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English).