Dispatchers direct the day-to-day route operations for Access Paratransit Services. The job duties include daily interaction and communication with drivers regarding routes, problem solving, monitoring of routes and on-time performance in accordance with contract standards, communicating service and safety issues to management, and responding to driver incidents and accidents through radio communication.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide courteous, professional service to drivers.
- Maintain a professional attitude over the radio.
- Review and prepare driver routes on a continuous basis to ensure on-time performance standards.
- Adjust routes to ensure efficient service and reassign trips as needed.
- Monitor dispatch communications and on-road provision of service for quality, and to ensure on-time performance.
- Respond to driver incidents and accidents using proper safety procedures and protocol.
- Report service and safety issues to management.
- Possess general knowledge of Los Angeles County.
Essential Functions and Requirements:
- Excellent computer skills and ability to learn new software.
- Speak clearly, using proper pronunciation and grammar, and read and write effectively in English.
- Detail-oriented with an ability to enter data accurately.
- Good typing skills and ability to use computer and mouse for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to sit and answer phones for a prolonged period of time.
- Must have a flexible schedule.
- Ability to handle high volume radio communication in a timely manner and to stay calm during stressful situations. • Ability to handle stress and to problem solve quickly.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. as necessary.
- Participation in CTI’s Random Drug and Alcohol Testing Program.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English).